Websites, social media, and digital marketing have changed the way people seek information in general, and huge numbers of Americans now seek health and medical aesthetic questions and concerns online. Just take a look at these recent statistics:
- 57 percent of patients look online for information on plastic surgery
- sharing images on social media led to a 31 percent increase in requests for plastic surgery
- 33 percent of Americans go online to research information about a particular medical condition
- 94 percent of people use online reviews when deciding about products and services
- 89 percent of people trust online reviews
- 88 percent of people consider online reviews to be of the same value as a personal recommendation
- 90 percent of consumers have read online reviews to determine the quality of a local business.
In essence, all of these numbers point to an overwhelming trend toward digital marketing and online communication as the key to maintaining and growing your practice.
Sources: Pew Internet, Healthworks Collective