The success of any business is based upon its most important resource, it’s employees. You can have the most beautiful facility, best equipment, stellar location, but none of this will determine your success or failure. What will, the staff you employ. They are responsible for your clients experiences from the beginning to end and ultimately your reputation. With so much riding on your employees, hiring the “right ones” out of the gate is a sure step to securing your businesses success. Because hiring is a timely process, being efficient and organized will help to maximize the quality of hire.
So how do you hire right and smart? Try these following tips for building your companies team:
- Have a detailed and thorough job description for each position in your facility.
- Have a solid employment package.
- Be constantly recruiting and keep a file of “potential employees” that you can tap into when needed.
- Pre-screen candidates extensively by phone. How they handle themselves over the phone will often determine how they will be in person with your customers.
- Owners need to be involved in the interview process as well as other key employees. Having staff involved, gives more insight about how a person may work with the group and if they are a fit for the company culture.
- Depending on the position, service provider or front desk, be sure to conduct practical evaluations of the candidates abilities.
- Have a standard list of interview questions that you use for all potential employees. Be sure that they are targeted and detailed to reach the information you need.
- Always check personal and professional references.
- Use your intuition when it comes to hiring. If you are unsure for any reason, go with your instinct, it’s usually right.
Finding the people with the right fit for your business takes time, persistence and energy, but the payoff will be well worth it. The staff you employ helps to shape and mold your company culture and temperament. When everyone is working together with passion & drive plus order & balance the success of your business knows no bounds.
Acara knows how important hiring is to your business and we have all the tools you need to do it successfully. If you would like to speak with us about how to hire right, you can reach us at 203.488.0028 ext 305.