Colleen, our in-house medical Aesthetic sales guru, shares a few of her consultation tips with everyone this week:
- At the beginning of the consultation, always give a brief background on the medical team and the passion behind your practice. Keep it short and interesting; remember, the client wants to know about your expertise. Share your wonderful story.
- Listen to the clients concerns and take notes. Typically the first area of concern the client verbalizes is their top priority.
- Ask more questions during the consultation to allow the client to “open up” about themselves.
- When were you thinking of having the procedure/injection done?
- What made you decide to do something about your skin now?
- Do you have an upcoming social event that you’d like to look great for?
- Are you flexible with the downtime the procedure may require?
These questions (or some of your own based on the way the consult is going) will help you uncover what the client wants. Make the consult a fun, informative session. Be yourself and the sales will follow.
- Be very careful not to give “technical information overload”. Not only does it increase the amount of time the consultation will take but most clients will feel lost in all of that information. If a client wants to know the technical aspects of the recommended treatment they will ask.
- Some clients will have a laundry list of things they are interested in learning about. Remember to listen and take notes. We do not want to overwhelm them with pricing (many items may add up to tens of thousands of dollars) when it comes time to review the quote sheet. For a new client sometimes “slow and steady” will win the race. Especially if the client has never had cosmetic work. Make it doable and they will return.
- Listen to and pick up cues such as “looks like I’m going to need to refinance my house to afford this”. This is the perfect time to review CareCredit with the client. A typical script would be something like:
“Are you familiar with CareCredit? Let me explain how it works. CareCredit is a company that offers financing to clients interested in managing out of pocket expenses for cosmetic procedures. You will be given a line of credit based on your credit history. Once you’ve been qualified for a line of credit you can use some of it or all of it. We offer 6 and 12 months interest free financing as well as all of the extended payment options. Let’s take a look at the chart to see what your monthly payment would be.”
- Be sure the client knows that they can get as creative as they wish when it comes to payment. They can pay a portion of the procedure using CareCredit, a portion of it using another credit card or cash.
- Think about putting together a PowerPoint presentation to show before and after photographs. This allows the person doing the consultation to stay in control and focus on the individuals specific areas of concern.
These are just a few of the many insights that Colleen has to offer about performing successful Cosmetic Consultations. For more of her insights, join both Francis and Colleen on Tuesday, May 8th, 1:00 p.m. EST for Successful Patient Consultations for the Aesthetic Medical Practice.