- Always sell services, series of services or packages not dollar amounts. This provides much greater up-selling opportunities.
- If your location accepts gratuity then always recommend that a 15% gratuity be included. Acara’s standard script, “For the convenience of the recipient would you care to include the gratuity?”
- Sell virtually. Boost your sales by making gift cards instantly available on your website. I like SpaBoom for instant gift card sales.
- Have a gift guide setup in dollar ranges that lists services, series and packages available for the clients to peruse at point of sale.
- Provide your team a gift card sales goal with incentive. Typically the incentive could be anywhere from 1 – 5% of the gift cards sales split pro-rata amongst the front desk team. Keep it fun and track the goal daily.
- Don’t be too aggressive on your promotion. People buy gift cards for convenience, reputation, and credibility; not because it’s cheap. I like the give and you shall receive approach. For every $100 in gift cards purchased the client receives $20 of gift cards for themselves.
- Promote online + offline. Go low cost by leveraging your Website, Facebook, Blog, Twitter, Email Broadcasts and of course don’t forget an in-house display.
Even though medical spas gift cards sales will not match those of a day spa or resort spa – gift cards should still be part of your offerings.
Good luck with your gift card season. Do you have and secrets or tips for improving gift card sales? Share with us!