Here are my 2010 top 10 predictions in the world of Aesthetic Medicine:
- Dysport will become a strong competitor to Botox. Dysport, Medicis’ new entry into the world of botulinum toxin, was launched in the spring of 2009 and has begun to see increased demand as market awareness grows.
- Non-invasive body contouring will continue to grow in popularity lead by Erchonia’s Zerona.
- Face lifts will continue to drop in demand while liquid face-lifts grow in popularity, especially with the younger market (40 -54 year olds)
- Fat transfer, specifically for natural breast enhancement, will become sought after by women who were previously uncomfortable with implants.
- Laser Lipolysis will continue to be one of the most in-demand medical aesthetic procedures due to its minimal downtime and great results.
- The younger audience (24 – 40 year olds) will continue to discover aesthetic medical services for preventive aging.
- There will be an increase in the number of men having aesthetic medical procedures starting with facial fillers and injectables (i.e. Botox, Restylane, Radiesse, etc.)
- The tipping point of when men and women want to have their tattoos removed will arrive and the demand will grow exponentially.
- Facial Rejuvenation will come of age as medical practitioners perfect their skill combining aesthetic medical facial procedures for a complete Medical Makeover including the combination of fractional resurfacing, ablative resurfacing, chemical peels, photofacials, skin tightening, injectables and facial fillers, etc.
- What was an Extreme Makeover in 2003 when the then popular TV show hit the airwaves will now become the Everyday Makeover.
The Acara team is looking forward to a very exciting and successful 2010.