I was talking with my friend Frances Starr over at Alert Communications about tracking calls and how to make marketing dollars work harder. Alert Communications is an after hours phone service and one of Acara’s preferred vendors. Capturing good info is the key to making savvy business decisions about marketing. This is no time to reduce spending on marketing cosmetic practices, but you must make every cent count!
Here’s the tip list for making the most out of every call:
- Identify potential patients. Is this an existing client, vendor or potential new client?
- Ask for a referral source. Simply ask “How did you hear about us?” Track by source. XYZ newspaper, magazine, website…
- Connect calls directly to your sales staff. Acara recommends aesthetic practices (medical spas, plastic surgeons or dermatology offices) have a treatment consultant. This is the person who is trained to take a potential client through a consultation and close a sale.
- Schedule & confirm appointments. Make consultation appointments and treatment appointments on the spot. If someone isn’t positive of their schedule, get them on the books with the option to reschedule. (with 48 hours notice of course) Don’t assume people have a calendar in front of them. Call back and/or to confirm their appointment.
- Collect information and build a data base of potential clients. Ask for name, cell, phone, email, and address. Multiple points of contact are best. Make sure you receive opt-in permission from clients and potential clients to send them periodic announcements about exciting news, events and promotions.
- Capture and process leads. Before the phone rings again, enter the information into your database, this way it doesn’t become a chore. The next time you send out an email broadcast or mailing, your list will be up-to-date. And quickly get this information to your sales consultant so they can follow up.
- Cross-sell unqualified leads. Callers should be encouraged to come in for a consultation, but occasionally someone is not a good candidate for what they are requesting. Don’t let them go, introduce them to a better option for them.
- Measure Results. You’ll only know if a campaign is worth continuing or a vehicle a valid option, if you track your results.
Spend wisely on marketing. Done correctly and tracked appropriately, the return can be well worth it.
What are your top tips for making the most out of every call?